Let’s get one thing straight… These were 1974 Novas not 1976.
We had the honor of owning this sweet ride about a decade ago. We bought it from a guy named Larry in Roscoe, Illinois and it did not disappoint! It is still one of the nicest one’s we have seen. It even had the factory camping tent in the original box!
The 1974 Spirit of America Nova was produced by Chevrolet in anticipation of the United States bicentennial in 1976. These limited edition custom hatch-back coupes were painted in US-patriotic colors and featured a variety of rare options.
Most famously, these special Novas were marked with a custom logo following the style of The Spirit of America series.
Spirit of America Custom Nova Hatchback Features
- “Gleaming White” Exterior
- Sporty red, white, and blue accent stripes
- Black vinyl touring roof
- White rally wheels
- Black dual sport mirrors. Left-hand mirror is “remote-control”
- Special all-white interior with patriotic accents
- Beautiful red carpeting
- Special insignias
- Counterbalanced hatch for easy opening and closing
- Full-width black impact strips on bumpers