I have been into cars as soon as I was born following in my dads foot steps…
It was in 1987 and my dad opened a salvage yard (I was 7 at the time) where I had the opportunity to go through junk cars and that ignited my passion for them.
When I was turning 16, I had the chance to choose between two cars – a `67 Chevy II or a `64 GTO . Did I make the correct choice? I chose the Chevy II. Which I still have to this day, but that’s another story.
Flash forward years later acquiring another and another until I got my hands on this car.
After striking a deal with a local guy, we spent the next few days just getting it running because it had been sitting quite sometime – at least fifteen years! Despite the years of sitting, this car was solid and only needed one quarter panel replaced due to a wreck from some years ago and not from rust. All other metal is original to car.
Fast-forward some time and a lot of parts from GM Classics & Chevy 2 Only and now, here we are with a finished product of a classic cruiser!
- 250 6cyl original to car and never been out and still retains the family story power-glide and 10 bolt rear end.
- The color has been resprayed to the factory color Tahoe Turquoise.
- The interior redone to correct color for this car which is fawn.
- The complete inside upholstery has been redone with very minimal painting to retain the originality.
- I upgraded the factory gauges to host the new temperature, gas, oil pressure, and volt gauge for a clean look.
- This car does have factory A/C and Power steering which all work great.
- All the suspension is stock except I added power disc brakes and drop spindles up front and lowering blocks in the rear.