We started planning this build years and years ago. Since we are in the business, and a dealer for most suppliers, I started slowly accumulating parts early on and eventually found a rust free rolling body from California, then the project began!
The game plan was to build a pro-touring, turn your head, Power Tour Nova comfortable enough to drive the long haul!
So we ordered all the parts to make this a true pro-touring car. We added a complete front sub-frame, frame connectors, deep tub kit, and Quadralink rear-end. For the drive-train, we went with an LS3 from Mast Motor Sports, Tremec 5-speed (later we switched to a 6) from American Powertrain. The interior was supplied by PUI.
This was a Father & Son designed-project from the beginning. During the build phase, my son was away at college leaving me, the father, swamped in the business, therefore we selected J&G Customs of Simpsonville, KY for top-to-bottom build.
The name Project 7245 (72 for 5) came from 72 Nova for Joe 5, my son is the 5th I am the 4th in a long line of Joes.
Coincidentally my first car was a 69 Camaro then a 72 Nova, likewise my Son owned an 01 Camaro and will eventually have the 72 Nova, after
a few several fun drives by me!
The Early Days
Our 1972 Nova is powered by a 531 horsepower Mast Motorsports LS3 “corvette” engine with 477 ft-lbs of torque.
The Finished Product
- Ruby Red Pearl Exterior
- Black Int Trim By Jon Osbourne, PUI
- V8 – 531 Hp 477 Tq Ls3 Engine By Mast
- Heavy Duty Radiator By PRC
- Elec Fan Drive Equipment By SPAL
- Dual Exh Equip By Flow Master
- Headers By Street & Perf
- Od Transmission–5 Speed By Tremec
- Special Front & Rear Susp By DSE
- Deep Tub Kit By DSE
- Wiper Selecta Speed By DSE
- Rear Axle – Positraction
- Rear Axle – 3.73 Ratio Bolt By Moser
- Four Wheel Pwr Disc By Baer
- Wheels 18 X 8, 18 X 11 By Boze
- Tires Front 245/40r18 Ps2 By Michelin
- Tires Rear 315/30r18 Ps2 By Michelin
- Custom Deluxe Frt & Rear Seat Belts
- Fuel Tank Fi By Rock Valley
- Dash Gauge Package By Classic Dash
- Headlight – Halogen By American Autowire
- Taillight Upgrade – Led By American Autowire
- Wiring Classic Update American Autowire
- Tilt Steering By Ididit
- Steering Wheel By Billet Specialties
- Heavy Duty Battery By Optima
- Air Conditioning—By Vintage Air
- Power Steering Assist
- Soft Ray Tinted Windows–All
- Tiger Cage By Air Ride Technologies
- Instrument Panel Pad
- Bright Trim By Custom Polishing
- Radio Am-Fm Cd
- Engraving By CTM